Monday, February 28, 2011

Gallery Framing

 I have been spending a lot of time gathering new and antique frames for different gallery displays throughout the apartment.  I have started collecting old family pictures and new photos of us and our friends as well as interesting prints to hang in different parts of the apartment. 

The first project I actually ever did for the apartment was making and framing quotes for the front hallway.  I decided early on that the front hall way would be a mix of some prints, quotes and current photos whereas above the buffet in the living room will be a mix of old photographs. 


 The quotes were inspired from a quote log that DP keeps online.  Whenever he hears something that makes him laugh or think he writes it down.  I decided to take some of these and design them and frame them in antique frames for the hall.  I thought it would be a fun way to tie the colors in from the living room and I think are a cool representation of who we are.  These are a few of the pieces I designed (there are about 5 more).  I will of course post the finished framed versions once they are hanging in the apartment. 

4 comments:

  1. Favorite post to date! Perhaps I can commission you to make some of my favorite quotes look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations friends. I cannot wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne - love the quote art. How did you design them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I just did them in a combination of photo shop and illustrator...

    ReplyDelete