Thursday, February 3, 2011

Guest Bedroom

My number one goal in decorating the apartment is to make all the rooms feel like they belong together.  For years, I have wanted a room to be navy blue with white trim and all white decor and finally I have a room where that works.  In every room I am pulling a color that appears in the room next to it - building a color store throughout the entire apartment.  For this room, although the navy is a departure from the browns in the living room, it is a very similar pallet as the kitchen: rich primary colors.

This room is also fun to decorate because the majority of the time it doesn't have to be totally functional.  Its occupants will be friends and guests, so although they need the basics of a bed and closet we don't have to worry about fitting two dressers in like with the master bedroom.  For now, this room will be the permanent home of the piano and  my hope-chest as well as a full size bed.

These posters were an additional inspiration for the space.  We own 3 of the 4 and I absolutely love them.  I realize they are really just advertising for Amtrak, but hey, it's modern art to me. 

I just want everyone to get a sneak peak into where you will be staying when you come to visit :-)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to be a guest. Love your color story gameplan. I think if I ever get a house I will need you to come visit and make a desing plan :)

    ReplyDelete