Friday, April 1, 2011

Maps and Things

Yesterday I sat in the apartment all day waiting for things to get delivered dreaming about the day (hopefully soon) that I will be able to decorate.  I wanted to share a few of my favorite things that are going to be introduced.


First, when my grandmother passed away early last year my mom went through a bunch of her old things and gave me old letters and report cards she had saved.  There were a lot of really cool things but the most amazing was this program book from the 1939 Worlds Fair.  In the front of the book is a map of the fair that is just amazing.  I ended up scanning the map and printing it instead of framing the original (which I really wanted to do but seemed like not a great idea).  Anyway I am in love with it. 



Second is this map wrapping paper that I bought ages ago at Kate's Paperie.  It was $4.50 and felt like something that needed to be put on display.  Originally I was going to mount it on cork and make a cork board out of it (which I may still do) but i think I may love it too much to do that to it.

The final piece I am really excited is this old letter-- also from my grandmothers.  I have a firm belief that if you are to keep stuff you should do something with it.  This letter is amazing and from the late 1800s (written to my great grandmother)  I want to take it to a framer and get it protected and then framed and put up in the living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment