Thursday, January 27, 2011

Living Room Inspiration

I get inspired by hundreds of different things.  For several months I have been reading various design blogs and looking at home stores trying to find inspiration for our apartment.  The look and palette of the living room however I decided over a year ago.  At the Cleveland Art Museum there is a painting called Celebration by Lee Krasney.  Lee Krasney is the wife of Jackson Pollock.  Immediately upon seeing the grand piece I knew that the colors and feeling of life were perfect for whatever place I call home.  I went online and I bought a print of the painting.  The print is nowhere as impressive as the real painting, which measures well over 8 feet long but it has become the inspiration for the whole living room. 

What is funny is that once I picked out all my pantone colors and decided how I wanted the room painted, I started seeing pieces that perfectly complimented this painting everywhere. I found the perfect pillow at Crate and Barrel.  I would post a picture of it but it is no longer on sale (thank God I bought it when I did).                 
I want the print above the couch but I have mixed feelings of how I want it hung.  I love a good gallery display above the central seating area but at the same time, I don't want to over do it.  This is one of the couches we bought and one image I am looking to for more inspiration.  I think I may do a gallery display but simplify it a bit so the central focus is really put on "Celebration". 





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that couch too! It's from C&B right? Great minds:)

    ReplyDelete